Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Organic on the inside

This may be a tad too personal, but I'm gonna write about it anyway. Consider yourselves warned :-)

Since being pregnant and then nursing a baby for many months I haven't had my period for over 1,5 years. That was NICE! Those days are now over, however, and since I have never been a real friend of either pads (give me fungus) nor tampons (always leak for some reason) I had too look into what else is out there.

First I tried some cloth pads. They are seriously comfy and no itchy business going on. But - they don't stay in place whatsoever. Which is bad. I'll see if I can attach some non-slip something to the back to improve them, but in the mean time I've googled for the world!

...and found the menstrual cup! People (women) are raving about them!! Seriously, I have never heard/read a single bad word about them! This must be it. "Have your period, without the mess. You won't even know you have it..." is what I keep hearing. Gotta try it.

I ordered 2 "OrganiCups" and now they are prepped and ready to work their magic. I have to say I'm a little intimidated but I'll be a brave girl and give it a go! If it works out, this should be all I need for the next 10 years to tackle my period. You're welcome, environment!


/Alexandra

11 comments:

  1. Jag har en mooncup som ju är samma grej och de fyller sitt syfte om jag ska bada eller så men jag känner den hela tiden mer eller mindre så till vardags är det oftast tygbindor som gäller. Att de kan kännas att ha är förövrigt det enda negativa jag kan komma på.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Är inne på dygn 2 nu och jag kände den också tills jag klippte bort hela den där tappen. Nu känns den inte längre. Men om den känns för dig även utan tapp kanske det finns någon annan storlek/form som passar din anatomi bättre kanske? Dock tycker jag det är lite klurigt att få den att veckla ut sig ordentligt, så det övas det på här. Sjukt nöjd än så länge :-)

      Delete
    2. Det kan vara så för det är inte tappen jag känner utan den känns bara. När jag simmar känns den inte. Jag kan leva med den när jag ska simma och tygbindor oftast annars :)

      Delete
  2. I've used rubber and silicon cups like that - great except I was always afraid I'd drop it in the toilet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my scare is rather that it will "get lost" and I won't be able to get it out! I trimmed off the entire stem. So far I'm really liking it!

      Delete
  3. Jag älskar min mooncup! Har haft den i tio år nu och visst är den lite missfärgad men funktionen är precis lika bra som när jag köpte den. Och man kan bada! Utan att behöva byta när man kommer upp! Stranden blir liksom inget problem alls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det låter spännande! Jag har hört talas om det men aldrig testat och till min stora lycka behöver jag inte heller längre bry mig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jadu, det är inte utan att man ser fram emot den dagen.... ;-)

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge fan of the cup. They are particularly useful on super-busy days or when travelling because you can go up to 12 hours or so before emptying it. I will say it really helps if you have a small bathroom, where the toilet is right next to the sink. And if you have any difficulties when removing it, bear down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I am now a few days in and I'm totally loving it! So easy!!!

      Delete

C'mon and make my day!