Friday, December 20, 2013

Hazel dress on the way

I am almost done with Hazel Dress from Victory Patterns. It's about 20 minutes of work left on it and it's looking good so far. Very good! Hope to show it to you in the weekend along with a pattern review. Here's a teaser for ya:

Nothing beats some good ol' hand stitching... 


I also want to show you something else. I needed mittens desperately since Sweden is now a very cold place and my old ones have died. I didn't have any pattern to make them myself so I decided I should buy some from someone who did. On facebook I found a girl making mittens out of upcycled vintage fabrics and tacky old cross stitch pictures. This is really cool, in a (very) kitsch sort of way - and I liiiiike it!  Just imagine all the time that someone put into making that ship picture and then it's thrown on the scrap heap. So sad. But not this ship picture. Happy picture! I love upcycled stuff.




Other than sewing I had a minute over to make some bodybutter today. Doesn't it look yummy? It's so quick and easy to make that it would take you longer to buy it in a store than making it yourself. Plus I love knowing what's in it.

Fluffy fluff for my dry winter skin.


Have  a buttered up weekend! (cheesy? me?)
/Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon and make my day!